Frequently Asked Questions
- What does the Martial Art School Nottingham offer?
- We offer a variety of martial arts classes such as Budo Taijutsu, Ninjutsu, Ju-Jutsu,
Mixed Martial Arts as well as Personal Training, Self-Defence & Sports Therapy.
- Where are you based?
- We are situated on the Top Floor in Alfred House, Ashley Street off Carlton Road,
Nottingham NG3 1JG, within the premises of the Bushido MMA Academy. For more detailed
information on how to find us, please click here: Find Us
- Which Martial Art would be best for me?
- That depends on what it is you are looking for i.e. do you want to compete or are you
looking for a none-competitive option? There again, is it more Self-Defence & Fitness or
a more traditional style you wish to study? Why don't you give us a call on: 07766 643 407
and we have a chat about the different options.
- What is Budo Taijutsu or Ninjutsu?
- Budo Taijutsu or more commonly known as Ninjutsu, composes of armed and unarmed
fighting methods and incorporate the teachings of nine different Ninja (Ninjutsu)
and Samurai (Ju-Jutsu) schools. For more information, please click here:
- What is Goshin Ryu Ju-Jutsu?
- Goshin Ryu Ju-Jutsu (also known as Goshin Jutsu) is none-competitive and combines
traditional as well as modern principles. The style taught at the Martial Art School
Nottingham incorporates techniques from various martial arts such as Ninjutsu, Boxing,
Judo, Karate, Aikido, Escrima and many others, providing so an excellent mixture of
self-defence and physical fitness. For more information, please click here:
- How much do the Classes Cost?
- Your first two sessions are free of charge. When you are satisfied and like to join
us, you will be asked to pay a one off joining fee of £65, which includes the payment
for your first month of training, insurance and registration as well as the annual
membership for the related organisations. The fees for the classes are either £20 or £32
per month, depending on whether you are attending once or twice per week. For more
information, please click here: Prices
- Who are the Instructors?
- The Training is generally held by Sensei Ilja Hoffmann or another member of the
- What do I have to bring with me?
- All you need to start with are some casual clothes i.e. T-Shirt or Sweat Shirt,
Jogging Trousers & possibly a bottle of water.
- Do you offer Kids Classes?
- No, not at present.
- Do you do Personal Training?
- Yes, we do - please click here:
- Anything Else?
- We are sure that there will be more questions along the line but it's said:
... every journey starts with the first step - so we hope
to seeing you soon.
Martial Art School - Nottingham
Top Floor in Alfred House
Ashley Street off Carlton Road
Nottingham NG3 1JG
Phone: +44 (0)7766 643 407